AT&T is not addressing the problem with the iPad app not playing downloaded videos -

AT&T is not addressing the problem with the iPad app not playing downloaded videos -

I'm re-posting this because no one from AT&T is addressing this issue.

Problem: You download videos onto your iPad, but when you go back to play them they won't play unless you are connected to the Internet. AND this is only an issue if you downloaded the content more than a day ago.

After lots of testing, I know more about the bug. And it is definitely a bug. Conjecture: It appears that the software wants to validate the downloaded content to make sure it isn't too old to play (breaking the licensing agreement). Yes it is incredibly stupid that you need an internet connection to play downloaded content you downloaded so you could watch it without an internet connection!

Workaround: Download all the content you want to watch. Prior to your flight (within a few hours), connect to the internet and verify the content will start playing. Go to Airplane mode, disabling internet. As long as you don't completely shut down the device (hard shutdown), you can play the content for many hours. I just did this on a trip to DC late October 2016.

To DirecTV/AT&T. Stop suggesting we can watch our content anywhere we want until you fix this bug. It is easy to recreate the problem: Download content, wait one day, put the device into Airplane mode and try to play the content. You'll see why we are frustrated/angry.

The software fix is easy: Obviously there is a timeout value for the content licensing. Change it to 14 days.

This question, "AT&T is not addressing the problem with the iPad app not playing downloaded videos," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

G

Question

Does anyone know:
1) how long the license check actually lasts? Seems like <1 day from what people are posting.
2). Can you revalidate the license from any wifi connection or does it have to be at home?
3). Once you fail in airplane mode, is it wrecked until you reinstall the app?