AT&T Not Responding to Property Damage Claim - Biggest Mistake to Use AT&T EVER! - Di

AT&T Not Responding to Property Damage Claim - Biggest Mistake to Use AT&T EVER! - Di

Just decided to get AT&T with Direct TV in our new house last week. The AT&T Wiring Technician, David Miller, went up in to our attic to run the fiber cable and he ended up stepping through our ceiling with the heel of his foot and never told us. We noticed it after he left.
I called the AT&T 800 number, which only goes to a call center in the Philippines that nobody can help you with. They cannot tell me who to call locally or provide any remediation other than say "they will escalate it". Nobody from AT&T has contacted me as a result of calling for three days.

I also went to the local AT&T store where we singed up. They were not much better help because this is damage to our home and not a bill or technical issue. Nobody from the local AT&T store could help us or provide a contact that would start the claim process.

I then called in a service call and a technician came out to our house. He saw the damage and agreed it was caused by AT&T and took photos to send to his supervisor. Nobody called us back or contacted us about the damage. I believe he wanted to help, but just that he has no way to resolve it any different than the call center in Manila does.

Apparently there is a claims management company called Sedgwick that handles these issues. I called Sedgwick twice, nobody answers the phone. I left voicemails regarding the damage and nobody returned my calls.

No company should be able to come in to someone's home and cause damage without being liable for it. Not answering calls or addressing damage claims is unscrupulous. Contracting AT&T was the worst cable experience in my life, I will NEVER do it again. If I am not contacted shortly and the damage repaired, then need to seek a legal remedy.

This question, "AT&T Not Responding to Property Damage Claim - Biggest Mistake to Use AT&T EVER!," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.