Attena suggestions (newb)

Jdallace

DTVUSA Rookie
Antenna suggestions (newb)

I'm moving into a new area and would like to try living without cable. Here's my TV FOOL. I am limited to using an attic mount, but I don't mine spending some money on good hardware to improve reception or ease of use.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Your signal levels are predicted to be good at your location they are not line of site, but 2Edge meaning that there is more than one terrain blockage between your location and the transmitters. You will need a high VHF/UHF antenna at predicted signal levels a Winegard HD7694P aimed at 147* magnetic should do the job. Keep in mind TV Fool does not take into account trees, and buildings which can drastically reduce signal levels.
The signal loss in an attic is impossible to predict. A metal roof, aluminum thermal barrier, aluminum siding, or stucco will block signals, as will trees or other buildings. An attic does not always offer the freedom of movement needed to correctly place an antenna for reliable reception. Placement and aiming can be critical with 2Edge signals.
Winegard VHF/UHF HDTV Antenna (HD7694P) from Solid Signal
On the compact low cost import side the Stellar Labs 30-2440 is might do the job.
Stellar Labs VHF/UHF HDTV 60 Mile Fringe Yagi Antenna | 30-2440 (302440) | Stellar Labs
Steve

Jdallace

DTVUSA Rookie
I did as RF Steve recommended and purchased the Winegard HD7694P. I mounted the antenna as high as I could in my attic. It is connected to a Tivo Roamio OTA. I receive 60+ channels; reception is great. I have access to all the OTA broadcasts that I need. This has been a great combination. Thanks Steve!

bhowe

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Steve,
You recommended a 45 mile range antenna over the 60 mile range antenna! I am just starting to look for an antenna and was wondering why a shorter range would be better?
Is there a place on the forum discussing results with different brands? What brands to stay away from?
Thanks
Bill