Audio and Video dropping repeatedly and it's getting worse - DirecTV

I'm rather new to Directv and AT&T. I picked up service back in August. Once it was installed and we started watching TV the video and audio would drop for a few seconds multiple times during a show. I contacted AT&T about it and they told me it was a known issue and they were working on it. 6 weeks later and it was still happening and I called back. Still a known issue and they were still working on it. In the last week TV is almost unbearable to watch. It's dropping for up to 20 seconds at a time and up to 100 times while watching a 1 hour program.
Once this happens you can actually press the rewind button and see the parts of the show you have missed. It not only happens while watching live TV but also while trying to watch recorded programs.
AT&T has not once even suggested replacing the system. The man who sold me the system swore that it was great. I only wished i hadn't been the first in the neighborhood to get it and find out how terrible and agravating it can be.

This question, "Audio and Video dropping repeatedly and it's getting worse," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.