Audio / lip sync issues - XFinity

Hello I just upgraded to X1 from my old Motorola DVR cable box and under certain conditions I am noticing audio sync issues between people's lips and the audio coming out of my receiver. The X1 system is set for digital audio output Dolby digital 5.1 and the digital tos link connector connects to my Harman Kardon receiver. The Samsung TV audio is disabled and set to external speaker system.

If a live broadcast has a true 5.1 source (like an hbo movie) then there is little/no issue seen
If the broadcast source is in stereo like some channels that don't broadcast in 5.1 then lips are visibly out of sync (note: digital audio output is still set to Dolby 5.1 on the cable box)
if the DVR is used to play a recorded program the same conditions apply but things look a little worse for stereo sources and 5.1 sources may actually be affected as well
If the cable box digital audio output is changed to stereo and still connected to the receiver via toslink then there are no lip sync issues whatsoever under any condition.

Although it fixes the problems, it is not desirable to keep the cable box set to stereo digital output.
Also please note that there were no audio issues like this with the old Motorola cable box that I just mailed back. There are no issues with the Blu-ray player, AppleTV, or Roku. The only component that does not work properly in this household is the new X1 cable box as described above.

Please help.

Thanks.

This question, "Audio / lip sync issues," is about XFinity-Comcast TV television equipment.

For other news regarding Audio / lip sync issues, and XFinity - Comcast television equipment, see our recommended stories below.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Comcast 0
G Questions and Answers 0
D Comcast 0