Authorization Failure message trying to connect to NBC Sports through Roku using ATT

Authorization Failure message trying to connect to NBC Sports through Roku using ATT

I have a Roku stick and am trying to view Premier League through NBC Sports. I followed the directions to go to nbcsports.com/activate and entered the code provided on my TV to activate. I received the following message,
"Congratulations, you've successfully activated your device and can now watch NBC Sports. It may take a moment for your device to update."
When I go back to the Roku to click to watch, the following message appears, "Authorization failure, noAuth" and I am unable to connect. What is the problem? The NBC Sports site is saying I'm activated so why isn't it working?

This question, "Authorization Failure message trying to connect to NBC Sports through Roku using ATT," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

G

Same with DISH

Nearly the exact same problem here. All the steps you mentioned and then "Authorization Failure" followed by some sentence stating I do not have the subscription necessary to view the content and to modify my programming with the DISH website.

I speak with DISH, they know nothing and it takes a whole hockey game to get them to understand I am streaming with a roku and not using the satellite receiver. At this point they say its Roku and they cannot help.

So I go to the roku guys who say it is a DISH problem, and are zero help whatsoever.

So Im testing on my own in spare time for three days now. I obviously have a legit DISH subscripton, but stream everything in my shop. The sat receiver is in my house at a different location. Have yet to determine if this is a problem. BUT I was able to watch NBCSports without issue up to mid last June with the same setup.

Try these things to narrow down:

Stream to computer on same network and see if you can get NBCSports to work there. Mine did not work, but now magically does. Roku still does not. No concrete answers for me here but does point to Roku problem

Stream to phone or tablet on same network and then on a different network to see if it is your own lan/IP that is the problem (mine did not work on home network until I tried it again just now as typing this.)

In my case as of now, the roku is the only thing failing to play NBC sports. It does however play all other apps flawlessly, so the NBCSports app for roku is more specifically the likely culprit.

Make sure to update and restart roku if necessary. Restart regardless. Uninstall/reinstall NBC sports app with restart. Ive read other guys simply using a different browser to activate the roku (ie firefox instead of chrome, has not worked for me and dont see why it would).

G

Have you tried watching other sports besides Premiere League? In my situation I just realized only NHL games are failing to work (the only sport I care about).

Is it possible for NBCSports live extra to do geo blocks on certain sports now? For me it is ALL NHL games, and there are none locally so it is not a typical local blackout situation.

Also, I can get full event replays of everything except NHL games.

G

successful authorization code but then "noAuth" - NHL

We have cable internet with Roku - *same* issue - authorize on the computer, enter code, successful - but noAuth when we try to watch NHL replays. We rebooted the Roku. What's up with this?? Other channels work perfectly well with authorization codes.