Available Channel Changes - DirecTV

I am a new customer to Direct TV. I just signed up for service 13 days ago. At the time I chose the "Choice" package since it includes the channels we wanted. I am told now that the LMN channel is no longer now available in this package and I have to increase to a higher package to obtain this channel after having had viewed it for the past 13 days (it still shows as included on the Direct TV website under this package choice). I have been a customer of Dish Network for over 8 Years and never experienced anything of this sort. When you choose a package, your channels should be available under the package you chose for the extent of your contract, not changed 2 weeks into that contract!

This question, "Available Channel Changes," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

G

I agree with you.

There was no notice of the change. My wife blamed me for not buying LMN under Choice and then I found out Direct TV just cancelled it.

What happens if we decide to pay direct TV only half the bill and give them no notice?

The switch from Choice to XTRA cost me $14,00 per month and that's just for allowing my wife to see LMN Movies!

Where is the control or at least rules for changing channel lineup?

G

The same thing happened to us. No notice--DTV just cancelled the channel out of the blue. We were also former DISH customers and NEVER had anything like this happen. We feel that as long as the channel is still available and that it was a part of our package when we signed our contract, it should remain in our contract at no addinal cost. I don't think this is an unreasonable request.