Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Looking forward to seeing this in the theater, but even furthermore, can't wait for the DVD release a year or so down the road. This movie is currently the most expensive ever produced and spent 4 years in production.

Theater Release Date: December 18, 2009

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVdO-cx-McA[/YOUTUBE]

Directed by James Cameron

Starring
* Sam Worthington as Jake Sully
* Zoe Saldana as Neytiri
* Sigourney Weaver as Dr. Grace Augustine
* Michelle Rodriguez as Trudy Chacon
* Giovanni Ribisi as Selfridge
* Joel David Moore
* Peter Mensah
* Wes Studi
* Laz Alonso
* Matt Gerald
* CCH Pounder as Moha
* Stephen Lang as Col. Quaritch

Movie Website: Avatar Official Movie Website | In Cinemas December 18

Tis the way great shows are ruined i'm afraid :(

Battlestar Galactica: Same title, different plot

Knight Rider (2008) Same title, different plot

Airwolf's attempted continuation (oooh i don't want to go there!)

When i read legends of the 'rebirth' of Avatar i had hopes, but now they're shattered. if they can't recreate it in the original form, leave it alone. i, myself, really wanted to see Avatar go outside Anime and into live action but nothing is correct. ok, so the oddball animals are there, that's about it.

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Tis the way great shows are ruined i'm afraid :(

Battlestar Galactica: Same title, different plot

Knight Rider (2008) Same title, different plot

Airwolf's attempted continuation (oooh i don't want to go there!)

When i read legends of the 'rebirth' of Avatar i had hopes, but now they're shattered. if they can't recreate it in the original form, leave it alone. i, myself, really wanted to see Avatar go outside Anime and into live action but nothing is correct. ok, so the oddball animals are there, that's about it.
Well, in this case, I don't think it was ever James Cameron's objective to use anything other than the title from the Nickelodeon show.

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
All I've heard about this movie so far is how long it has taken to produce and the production costs. I don't have sound on my work puter so I can't hear what they're saying. What exactly is the plot?

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
Ive heard this movie is steeped in radical Leftwing themes.

Anti Imperialist
Anti Industrialist
Proletariat Revolution

That sort of thing.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
In A.D. 2154,[8] the story’s protagonist, Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), is a former U.S. Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will enable him to walk. Jake travels to Pandora. This world is a lush and sentient-inhabited jungle-covered satellite of Polyphemus, one of three gas giants that orbit Alpha Centauri A,[8] 4.3 light years from Earth.

Pandora's biosphere is filled with incredible life forms, some beautiful, many terrifying. This world is also home to the Na’vi, a sentient humanoid race, who are considered primitive, yet are more physically capable than humans. Standing three meters tall (approximately 10 feet), with tails and sparkling blue skin, the Na’vi live in harmony with their unspoiled world. As humans encroach deeper into Pandora's forests in search of valuable minerals, the Na’vi unleash their formidable warrior abilities to defend their threatened existence.
Avatar (2009 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EscapeVelocity

Environmentalist
Anti Human
Protection of Primative Cultures from the Evil Modernists, Cultural Relativist and Multi Culturalist

And anti American and anti US Military to boot!

It's like the penultimate combination of Modern Western New Leftism!

Last edited:

EscapeVelocity

LOL!

Great stuff here...

Great news: “Avatar” reportedly super mega ultra left-wing

The political import of Avatar — and there’s no waving this aspect away because it’s right in your face start to finish, and especially in the third act — is ardently left. It is pro-indigenous native, anti-corporate, anti-imperialist, anti-U.S. Iraq War effort, anti-U.S.-in-Afghanistan (and anti-troop-surge-in-that-country, or strongly against the thinking of President Barack Obama and Gen. Stanley McChrystal), anti-rightie, anti-Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld, etc.

Yes, it’s very teenaged adolescent in its super-imaginative wacko visions and exuberant energy levels, but politically it’s pure Che Guevara (more the Motorcycle Diaries or Che-in-Cuba version than Che in Bolivia), Naom Chomsky, Hugo Chavez, Howard Zinn, Gore Vidal, Oliver Stone, etc.

This from a Lefty reviewer...

Absent from the big screen for over a decade now, Oscar-winning director James Cameron returns armed with a reported half-billion dollars, a story he’s been desperate to tell for 15 years, and the very latest in cutting-edge visual technology. The result is “Avatar,” a sanctimonious thud of a movie so infested with one-dimensional characters and PC clichés that not a single plot turn – small or large – surprises. I call it the “liberal tell,” where the early and obvious politics of the film gives away the entire story before the second act begins, and “Avatar” might be the sorriest example of this yet. For all the time and money and technology that went into its making, the thing that matters most – character and story – are strictly Afterschool Special…

Think of “Avatar” as “Death Wish 5” for leftists. A simplistic, revisionist revenge fantasy where if you freakin’ hate the bad guys (America), you’re able to forgive the by-the-numbers predictability of it all and still get off watching them get what they got coming.
Links off the page...

I'm just disappointed that this isn't based on The Last Airbender as it was previously thought. i'm bummed, especially since Cameron used the exact same font for his movie, further adding more confusion in mistakenly linking it to the Nickelodeon series.

There's a ton of search results on Google about those thinking it seriously was based on the series when it's not. so a lot of people are going to be very disappointed pretty soon, provided they didn't look it up first and blindingly assumed it was the series reimagined.

Last edited:
Huh?!

Avatar is not Nickelodeon's Avatar. the only one in theatres currently is this rip-off which shares very little in common other than the animals and the font used in the title.

The problem was that shortly after the final episode aired in 2008, of Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender there was speculation that it would be recreated in movie form in live action. and when this showed up with nothing in the way of previews other than a couple action sequences only a few seconds each, when the title showed i was like 'Oh my! it's finally here!'

After reading some online blogs and hearing the Fox Animation Domination hosted by the casts of the movie, i started feeling more and more disappointed that it's not at all like the series that just died off. if it is, it's a bad reproduction of it with just about zero in common other than the font used for the title, which is confusing more and more people as we speak who are more familiar with the widely known Anime and NOT this.

This is going to be just like Star Trek . a complete reformat and reinstall. nothing at all similar.

'Teaser' Trailer is about what it is. a 'teaser' to make one think that the new Avatar movie is what you'd expect, then find out it's completely different.

now if it were real, it'd be called a 'Promo' or simply 'Trailer' or to the laymen, 'preview'

'Teaser' Trailers usually show up months ahead of the movie in question, to 'tease' one into assuming and then finding out the truth shortly after.

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
Environmentalist
Anti Human
Protection of Primative Cultures from the Evil Modernists, Cultural Relativist and Multi Culturalist

And anti American and anti US Military to boot!

It's like the penultimate combination of Modern Western New Leftism!
Oh give me a break. And your ilk talks about let wings nuts and their compsiracy theroies. WTF is that you're spewing out. Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Maybe you should go back and hide chicken little until the mean commies go away. Gee is the 1950's again? Let's see there is N Korea, China, Cuba and Viet Nam and that's it. And even China not really communist anymore.

You know sometimes a movie is a movie.