AVSForum

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I know this is a little offtopic for this forum, but I just tried to register over at AVSForum.com and just received the following message:

"Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

:eyes:

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
That's odd.

On a side note I know there's a poster over there that hates the forums here at DTVUSA because a lot of us want more subchannels!

Has nothing to do with the topic at hand but just sayin'...

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Most members at AVS are helpful and I wish they were members here as well (some are). However, I have encountered a couple people there who have worked on finely tuning their arrogance and their know-it-all attitudes to serve no purpose except to chase people away who have joined that Forum for help.

One of the very first responses I received to an OTA reception question I asked at AVS was: "Stick a paperclip in your 'F' fitting" ...

Geez - that really helped. Later, I learned that brilliant comment came from a crusty old fossil: a retired TV Station Chief Engineer.

Well, as a child I had a neighbor who called the 'Cops' on almost a daily basis to report about all the cars in our neighborhood that hadn't moved in 24 hours since SHE had chalked the cars' tires. She had nothing in the world to do after retirement except to complain and to be nasty to someone at every opportunity. So sad - what a way for those people to live their lives.

This isn't a perfect Forum either and it wasn't that long ago two regular members here 'nuked' each other. The main difference is they were opposed to each other and not nasty even once to new members.

Jim

Last edited:

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
I know this is a little offtopic for this forum, but I just tried to register over at AVSForum.com and just received the following message:

"Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

:eyes:
I've heard of that message sometimes appearing when a user's IP address has been put on a blacklist for forum spam. Of course, since IP addresses can change, it could have been added without being your fault. You can check one of those blacklists here: Stop Forum Spam

- Trip

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
As soon as I registered there and was admitted, I made the mistake of mentioning this forum, and that I was a mod/ contributor. I was promptly banned permanently for "SPAM", and my posts deleted.