Babylon 5

Although Babylon 5 has been off of television for over a decade now, it has still retained a very dedicated following that keeps hoping that the series will eventually continue in some form.

Do we have any other Babylon 5 fans here besides myself?

SWHouston

Staff member
Astral,

I AM a fan of Bab5, and would re-watch every episode they put on TV, IF they would just put it on !

Really was sad to hear of Andreas Katsulas' passing, I SO enjoyed his roll as G'Kar. He also played in an episode of Enterprise, just one though.

"continue in some form"...
Probably not, but, I think like you, I can only hope.
I wonder if the people who put these shows together, actually understand how much they are enjoyed and so many followers are effected, when they just drop um.

I think that overall, the "Fan Base" in general, is diminishing...
It takes a lot of someone's energy to really "get into" a Series, lot of time spent on getting to know the characters, plot, the anticipating and joys of fulfillment of goals within the plot.

Then, it's gone...
How many times can we muster that energy, why put in the time to, is there any use when in a few weeks, we'll be looking for something else.

Greed....
Actors negotiate for more and more money.
Got to hire "unknowns' who may be good actors in time.
Cost of filming in the US is prohibitive.
Everybody wants to be a Millionaire, and are cutting our throats for it.

Have a good Day ! :)
S.W.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
I wonder if the people who put these shows together, actually understand how much they are enjoyed and so many followers are effected, when they just drop um.
In this case, surely JMS did and does, but there is no such thing as a free lunch. My neighbor would probably like it if I dug up my garden beds and planted wonderful arrays of flowers and bushes. He'd enjoy that very much, and he'd probably even follow my efforts, as I planted, and replanted, and paid attention to making my garden look more appealing to him. He's probably really like how I would change it over time, just to keep it fresh in his eyes.

Am I going to do this? ... just because he'd enjoy it?

Sorry, but no.

Actors negotiate for more and more money.
Got to hire "unknowns' who may be good actors in time.
Cost of filming in the US is prohibitive.
Everybody wants to be a Millionaire, and are cutting our throats for it.
Look at it the other way: They're all aiming to make a living for themselves and their families, obtain that ever-increasingly elusive financial security, the good life. And they're willing to give their best efforts to us, their artistry, which is noted as special in our society, yet we increasingly are finding ways to take what they offer, and/or force them to charge us less. Look at what happened to the recording industry. There's a lot less money to go around, now, because we've used the bludgeon of technology to beat those who offer us music into submission. That's going to eventually happen to video to.

I remember how there had been various plans and rumors over the years on how Babylon 5 could possibly be brought back, and apparently Sci-Fi Channel was supposed to even be on board for it at one point, but i'm not sure what happened there.

At any rate, Babylon 5 remains one of the best all time Science Fiction series!

Yeah, I knew about Crusade of course...and that's definitely another series which ended way before it's time. Sometimes it can be just so incredibly frustrating when there is a great show on TV, and then it gets killed off after only a few episodes, as was the case with Crusade.