Band of Brothers

Froix

DTVUSA Member
Not counting all those movies, this is probably the best show I've seen on HBO. A decent cast with superb directing and the pace of the action was just right.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I've heard the same thing from several people about this show. I've just never really been big into war shows, so I never gave it a chance. But I keep hearing how wonderful the show is. I may try to grab the first season on DVD and check it out.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I love WW2 flicks and tv shows...Band of Brothers was great and it certainly didn't dissapoint with the special affects and action scenes. It's hard to believe tha it's been 10 years since it's first run on HBO.

I'd be interested in seeing Steve Spielberg and Tom Hanks team up again on some future projects.

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
Band of Brothers justifies the standards HBO stands for. It has the right amount of action, meaningful script and awesome casting. The direction is well done. I love this one!

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
I've heard the same thing from several people about this show. I've just never really been big into war shows, so I never gave it a chance. But I keep hearing how wonderful the show is. I may try to grab the first season on DVD and check it out.
Actually, it was a 10-part miniseries, but it is available on DVD, albeit in an expensive box set. It took me several years to be able to get a set, but I found a used one on eBay for about $70.00.

You know, most of the time I'd say that if you don't like war movies, that's fine because it's not a pleasant topic, but if you like great acting, you really should give this one a chance. It also might give you some insights into what those now 80-plus-year-old guys who fought in World War II went through so that our generation wouldn't have to live in a Nazi-dominated world.

Mei

DTVUSA Member
i have seen this series and i really liked it. i love the story and also the cast. i think that the story is really inspiring and very heart warming.

jherossa

DTVUSA Member
Actually, it was a 10-part miniseries, but it is available on DVD, albeit in an expensive box set. It took me several years to be able to get a set, but I found a used one on eBay for about $70.00.

You know, most of the time I'd say that if you don't like war movies, that's fine because it's not a pleasant topic, but if you like great acting, you really should give this one a chance. It also might give you some insights into what those now 80-plus-year-old guys who fought in World War II went through so that our generation wouldn't have to live in a Nazi-dominated world.
Agreed, Definitely. Even I have the same reaction about it. And anyone who'll watch it probably wouldn't be disappointed anyways. Easy company rocks!

dresser

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Nice thread you got here. I love the Band of Brothers too with its superb directing, scripts, and casts. It's for me the best film series I've ever seen and nothing has changed my opinion yet.