Being teased about reward cards - DirecTV

I recently moved and was excited about getting U-Verse back. Had it in the past and prefer it over Verizon (Frontier) and Time Warner

I purchased the U-300 plan, upgraded internet plan and they threw the landline in for free. Cool! Then I am told "Sir, you qualify for $400 in rewards cards, you will receive them in 4-6 weeks after the equipment is installed." REALLY COOL! I had the equipment installed first of August. Around the end of August I start looking for the reward cards, nothing. Finally, around the first of October I call and inquire about my rewards cards. I get a CSR who tells me, "Sir I am sorry we sent you a letter in August and you did not respond to the letter in a timely manner, therefore you forfeit the rewards cards". WHAT!?!?!? I never received the letter. "Sorry sir, we did not receive the letter back either from you or the post office so you forfeit the reward cards”. But I never received a letter. Then the CSR tells me to contact customer retention, so I do…same story. This is a load of garbage!! It’s amazing, they are happy to tell you about GETTING the $400 in rewards cards but it’s must have slipped EVERYONE’s freaking minds at AT&T to tell the customer, oh by the way, if you don’t reply to our “Letter” in a timely manner, you don’t get the reward cards.

Makes me want to go back to Frontier.

This question, "Being teased about reward cards," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.