Best 3D TV to buy?

I made the mistake of buying a 3D movie that wouldn't play for our 4 year old the other week (Christmas, we don't have a 3D TV)....Luckily, there was another Blu Ray disc in the box, but we had a wee bit of melt down before figuring that part out.
When I've been to friend's houses who do have them, I just don't get "Wowed" by the technology as compared to what you see in the theater with 3D.
That being said, my neighbor swears by his LG Electronics 47LA6200 47-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV. I think he took about two days to get the hang of the "Smart TV" functions, but the set also comes with four pairs of 3D glasses. I do not know what the pain threshold is to buy new glasses if you lose/break them though.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
We see these questions all the time; what's the best...which brand is better?

My suggestion is to go to a place like Best Buy and demo the 3D TV's and pick one out. All of the major brands are pretty good (ie Sony, Panasonic, etc) but like others have mentioned about 3D, there isn't much buzz about the technology. My thoughts about 3D have always been that it interferes too much with picture quality. I'd much rather have a better picture than 3D any day.