Best Channel for kids?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I have a 7 year old who has outgrown Noggin, but also gets bored with too much Hannah Montana and other Disney shows. Nick seems to non existent to her. Does anyone know any good educational kids channels? She really doesn't watch t.v. all that much, but when she does, I'd like her to be learning something, yet at the same time entertained. She also loses interest in PBS shows pretty quickly.

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
Hi, I also have a 7 year old and an 11 year old. In addition to disney channel they also like the discovery kids channel. I personally don't care for cartoon network, boomerang or nicktoons. I feel that the discovery kids and pbs kids channels are the most appropriate for my kids. We also watch some educational shows such as How It's Made and some travel channels, as well. Since we homeschool our kids we want to make sure that while they do have the opportunity to watch fun programs, the majority of the programs need to be educational in some way.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
I have a 7 year old who has outgrown Noggin, but also gets bored with too much Hannah Montana and other Disney shows. Nick seems to non existent to her. Does anyone know any good educational kids channels? She really doesn't watch t.v. all that much, but when she does, I'd like her to be learning something, yet at the same time entertained. She also loses interest in PBS shows pretty quickly.
Drat. I was going to suggest PBS but if your daughter loses interest in its programs quickly, then I'm at a loss. There is a dearth of quality children's programming on broadcast and cable networks...not much quality, too much garbage.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I think Discovery Kids is a brilliant idea. Why didn't I think of that :)? Thanks, and I am going to test it out and see how she likes it sometime this week.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Oh, there is one channel I can suggest: National Geographic Channel (if your cable or satellite provider carries it). I don't have it, but considering how entertaining and educational the old National Geographic Specials were on broadcast TV. I'm sure your daughter will find something to her liking.