Question: Best Feature of DTV?

Hi everyone!

What is DTV?

What is its edge from among those similar providers?

What is its best feature?

How can it be availed?

Do you have special offers like discounts or free installations or the like?

Pls enlighten me.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

FOX TV

Contributor
What is DTV?
DTV stands for Digital TV, and is the TV of the future, but it is here now, and it is free and broadcast over the air.

What is its edge from among those similar providers?
The "Providers" are your local network broadcast stations.

What is its best feature?
It is broadcast in High Definition, and it is FREE !!

How can it be availed?
Conventional outdoor TV antenna !

Do you have special offers like discounts or free installations or the like?
The programming is free, but the antenna is up to the user to purchase and install, or hire someone to do it.
There are at least 30 channels in your area that can be easily received.

Pls enlighten me.
You have been enlightened !!

Thanks.
You are very welcome !!

Last edited:

dave73

DTVUSA Member
I like multicasting. A great feature for DTV. At least in Chicago, I like that WTTW has WTTW Prime, which is programmed in-house to air programming that might not fit into the WTTW 11 schedule on any day, but also gives people a second chance to see programming that showed on WTTW 11 on a previous night. For subchannels on a national level, I like: MeTV (really like the old Chicago version of MeTV, which was comedy & MeToo, which was drama), Antenna TV, This TV mainly for MrEd & the cartoons, Create on PBS, & Livewell Network mainly for Motion & Advice For Life.

Chips

DTVUSA Member
I also vote for clarity. If you are picking up signals about 50 miles out, with analog you always had to deal with snow. DTV no more snow. Plus if you add an HD TV you get an awesome picture. Compare to friends on cable my picture is ten times better, wether I am using a converter box, or a HD set, no comparison to cable.

I also vote for clarity.
I agree!!

With analog, there was not much that could be done for severe multipath. The multipath (ghosts) would always win, even with stations less than 5 miles away. With DTV, multipath & adjacent channel interference can be tamed with the right antenna(s) & provide a wide/exceptional viewing experience.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
1. Price. FREE = the best entertainment bargain EVER.

2. Clarity. Even an SD signal is much improved over analog.

3. Multi-casting! What used to be 8 channels is now up to 30. At that point, it becomes a viable alternative to pay TV.