Best Hardware to mount Antenna Mast to Chimney

Rob

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Hey Guys, I was just wondering what the best hardware is to use to mount an antenna mast to a chimney.

Do you guys try to have a set-up that allows you to tweak the antenna if needed; loosen and twist the pole without removing the hardware? I was thinking that would be ideal. If you had one side of the hardware permanently mounted to the chimney while the other side opens/loosens up allowing you to make adjustments if needed. Then you simply tighten it back up.

Would prefer to be able to get this hardware at a place like Lowe's/Home Depot (instead of having to special order it).

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
You'll find this at Home Depo:
Channel Master Universal 12 ft. Chimney Mount-CM-3080 at The Home Depot

You're going to need a mast, I recommend going over to the fencing department of the store and getting a length of chain link fence top rail instead of one of the masts in the antennas section of the store. They're cheaper, sturdier, and longer (about 10 feet) - you can cut it to length with a hacksaw.

I would also suggest that you use some sort of wide angle iron (see here) on the corners of the chimney to prevent damage when the straps are tightened down.

Last edited:

Rob

DTVUSA Jr. Member
You'll find this at Home Depo:
Channel Master Universal 12 ft. Chimney Mount-CM-3080 at The Home Depot

You're going to need a mast, I recommend going over to the fencing department of the store and getting a length of chain link fence top rail instead of one of the masts in the antennas section of the store. They're cheaper, sturdier, and longer (about 10 feet) - you can cut it to length with a hacksaw.

I would also suggest that you use some sort of wide angle iron (see here) on the corners of the chimney to prevent damage when the straps are tightened down.
Looks like that has straps that go around chimney. Can one guy realistically install that himself??

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Sure. You wrap the straps around one at a time, and tighten. Adjust as needed, then put the mast thru the U-bolts, and tighten.