Best Home Theater system I can get for under $500.00?

The following systems are way under your budget, and I'm not sure if you need a blu-ray player with what your looking for too, but most of these systems are under $300. You can buy the Blu-ray player separate for $80-$100.

Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package

Sony BRAVIA DAV-DZ170 Home Theater System

Philips HTS3564/F7 Philips 3D Blu-Ray 5.1 Home Theatre System

Sony BDV-E3100 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-ray Disc Home Theater System with Built-In Wi-Fi

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
A Blu ray player adds very little cost, so I consider it worthwhile. The main reason I got one is that Redbox is often out of the DVD of a new release - but almost always has a BR disc available.

I do recommend that you get a separate BR player and receiver rather than an "all-in-one" system. While a receiver and speakers will last quite a while, a DVD or BR player will die well before your receiver.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Guest,

Do extensive Internet research and watch your local Craigslist for underpriced components. In this Oconomy, there are some great deals there ...

Jim

Pirmadisk

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Try Fluance AV series

Fluance AV Series 5.1 Surround Sound Home Theater Speaker System with DB150 Powered Subwoofer $49.99
Fluance AV Series 5.1 Surround Sound Home Theater 5 Speaker System (without Subwoofer) $249.99

James

DTVUSA Member
I suggest that for most viewers the receiver won't be the weak link. Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo. All solid build and design. Sony if you stay away from the lowest end. The speakers are going to be key to accurate reproduction and chair rumblin...if that is what you want. To be honest many people do not know the difference between a $500 home theater system and a $500 subwoofer. OR they don't have a room large enough to support a big system. Great sound can be experienced from smaller non-Bose systems. If possible, avoid plastic enclosures on the speakers. wood or particle board (aka MDF) with a faux wood finish will sound much better. Listen if you can.