Best internet HDTV?

U

Unregistered

I have about $1,500 to spend on a 55" HDTV. Looking at a few Sony's and a few Panasonics, but not really sure which wifi enabled one to get? Which one offers the best interface for accessing internet content?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
What they can do varies by model... I have a low-end LG Blu-ray, for example, that has just a few channels and no way to add channels. Higher priced LG players allow you to add several more channels.

My advice to those looking to buy an internet-enabled TV is always this: Buy whatever TV you like best, in your price range, with or without WiFi. Then spend $50-$100 to buy a Roku box. Roku has more content available than any "Smart" TV on the market.

n2rj

Staff member
I would recommend Samsung. In addition to smart TV they also have RVU for DirecTV without a box. The price isn't that bad and the smart TVs have other features over the regular "dumb TV" models.

Samsung actually has a lot of apps and can play a lot of content. It supports the major streaming providers - Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and others.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I have about $1,500 to spend on a 55" HDTV. Looking at a few Sony's and a few Panasonics, but not really sure which wifi enabled one to get? Which one offers the best interface for accessing internet content?

Well I have the 55" HDTV Hisense TV. It is actually very good with the wifi enabled accessing internet. As far as the sony's and panasonics, I would have to say go with panasonic.

Also keep in mind that sony is talking about selling there company. At least that is what I have heard on the news. Now wither that is true or not, I don't know.

- See more at: http://www.dtvusaforum.com/internet-tv/49184-best-internet-hdtv.html#sthash.L9Yojiwn.dpuf