Best PBS program

bicker

DTVUSA Member
It was a series of what I suppose could be considered different programs, but really were a series of the same program, essentially getting regular folks to agree to live history for a period of time. Collectively, they're known as the "House" series. I remember very well Manor House, Colonial House, Frontier House, Texas Ranch House, and 1900 House. We never caught 1940s House, but we would like to.

Bicker, I do remember see that show. It was really interesting watching modern day folks change and try to adapt to living in an era where there might not be electric or running water. Made me appreciate what I have today.

Ah, yes. Carl Sagan and Cosmos. My best friend from high school used to love that show. For me, I used to like to watch a lot of the cooking shows, but I would never place them in the category of best shows on PBS. I do admit that I like just about anything that Ken Burns produces.

joedunn09

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I also love Cosmos. Carl Sagan was an incredible human being. You can watch re-runs on the Science Channel on Tuesda night. As for my favorite active PBS show, it has to be Charlie Rose. He always gets the most relevant guests and asks the toughest questions...

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Cosmos - Carl Sagan

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers."

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

"We wish to find the truth, no matter where it lies. But to find the truth we need imagination and skepticism both. We will not be afraid to speculate, but we will be careful to distinguish speculation from fact."

"Our loyalties are to the species and the planet. We speak for Earth. Our obligation to survive is owed not just to ourselves but also to that Cosmos, ancient and vast, from which we spring."

"If we are to survive, our loyalties must be broadened further, to include the whole human community, the entire planet Earth. Many of those who run the nations will find this idea unpleasant. They will fear the loss of power. We will hear much about treason and disloyalty. Rich nation-states will have to share their wealth with poor ones. But the choice, as H. G. Wells once said in a different context, is clearly the universe or nothing."

"Every one of us is precious in the cosmic perspective."

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I'll go along with Cosmos but I have to tie it with Sesame Street, which may be the most influential children's shows ever. I can't think of anything else that has impacted children more the Muppets, and for decades at that.