Best router for Comcast?

U

Unregistered

Any ideas on what the best and fasted router to get with Comcast? I need wi-fi and I do a lot of Netflix and streaming with multiple devices.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Get a "N" or "G" wireless gateway. Those are the latest and greatest routers and fastest ones you can buy.

If you just need a router and not a cable modem, check out the MediaLink N Router MWN-WAPR150N, which can be found on Amazon for less than $50. Highly recommended, and really fast.

or if you need a cable modem/router combo, check out this post here at the forum:

Best Cable Modem-Router Combo for Comcast - DTVUSAForum

Comcast has a page on their website with some listed routers, but really most any router will work.

Comcast Home Networking Devices

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
None are perfect as I've owned a couple of them since I first bought a router. The main thing is to make sure it is compatible with Comcast by going to the page linked above.

F

Funkifized

Routers and modems for best performance

How can I find out if this router is compatible: Belkin Share N300 Wireless N+ Router - F7D7302 ?

What about my modem? I've had it for at least 5 years. Are there better/worse modems to go with Comcast that will keep up with any/all speed updates?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
How can I find out if this router is compatible: Belkin Share N300 Wireless N+ Router - F7D7302 ?

What about my modem? I've had it for at least 5 years. Are there better/worse modems to go with Comcast that will keep up with any/all speed updates?
Yes, the Belkin Share N300 Wireless N+ Router - F7D7302 is compatible with Comcast, according to here and here.