Best TV aliens

AG99

DTVUSA Member
I was on mojo.com again today and found this: [video=youtube;Dgn_o4o5eFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgn_o4o5eFE[/video]

I won't tell you what the #1 pick was, but it should have been the Daleks!

AG99

DTVUSA Member
You're right. I must have had the wrong link on my clipboard. This is the one I meant to paste:

[video=youtube;XKWFtTGyU0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKWFtTGyU0U[/video]

Cool link, but what happened to the Coneheads?? And the Q? Made the final shot, but couldn't make it onto the list? How about Data? He was declared a life form, ya know!

I bet nobody can guess my favorite alien species!

R.

AG99

DTVUSA Member
Yes, they should have had the Coneheads. Q would have been too much Trek though; we already had Vulcans and Klingons. And besides, he was a fairly minor player in the pantheon of alien species. I think he was only in 4 episodes.

Q would have been too much Trek though; we already had Vulcans and Klingons. And besides, he was a fairly minor player in the pantheon of alien species. I think he was only in 4 episodes.
No way! First of all, it's not just one Q, you know. It's an entire species -- "The Q." They were in at least 10 episodes, probably more. They should be in there way before the Klingons. Klingons were never a serious threat to anyone -- how could you take that cow pie face seriously?? Q could have wiped out the entire Federation with a wave of his hand -- in fact, he probably did in several alternate time lines.

My all time favorite alien species was in only one (1) episode of ST TNG. Any guesses?

Rick

Nice post from mojo. com! I don't know who I would put on my list of the top Aliens of all time :) Do we get to count the increasing number of Vampire shows that are on TV now-adays?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
How about the race that kept cutting off Picard? Can't recall the name but loved them. It's one of my favorite TNG eps. I love the alien captain in Darmok, too. That's another huge favorite episode of TNG for me.

Oh, god. Not that space jellyfish from the first episode?
Wrong the first time! :becky: Here's another hint: This alien was the main character in his one episode. He "played" with Troy's mind.

How do you get 10 episodes for the Q?
Like this: Q (Star Trek) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was in more than just TNG. Also, of the 8 episodes of TNG listed, two were two parters ("Encounter at Farpoint" and "All Good Things"). That makes 10.

Rick

AG99

DTVUSA Member
Huh. Q was in a lot more than I thought. Remember that space show de Lancie did with the MacGyver guy afterwards? I liked that.

I vaguely remember a guest star messing with Deanna. Didn't he mess with Riker as well?

Orrymain

Legend -- that was Richard Dean Anderson's show and yes John DeLancie was on it, too. We keep hoping it will be released on DVD. Intriguing show to watch.

I vaguely remember a guest star messing with Deanna. Didn't he mess with Riker as well?
No, no, no. My FAVORITE TV ALIEN SPECIES OF ALL TIME: The Douwd. "An immortal being of disguises and false surroundings." Apparantly, this being was so powerful he couldn't even commit suicide (How he wished he could have died with his beloved wife, Rishon.) But in a moment of anger, he was able to kill "all Husnock, everywhere" with a thought.

My favorite thing about this Douwd was the efficient way he dispatched with Troi. He simply put a song into her head that repeated over and over till it drove her insane. I never liked Troi.

As far as I know, the word "Douwd" only appeared that one time on TNG, when Kevin states sadly "I am a Douwd." I think the word might have its origin in the Movie Harvey with Jimmy Steward. Harvey was a Pooka, aka Phooka: "According to legend ... an adroit shape changer, capable of assuming a variety of terrifying forms. It may appear as a horse, rabbit, goat, goblin, or dog." Who was the Pooka's best friend in the movie? Elwood P. Dowd.

The Survivors (episode) - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

Rick

Last edited:

SWHouston

Staff member
It makes me so mad that none (TOS/TNG/DS9/VGR) of these series has survived (beyond a few Movies). Trek is almost a National Monument with a following of literally millions. They dangle the Carrot and then it's gone.

Orrymain

John Anderson played that role. He sure had a long, varied career. It's not in my favorite of TNG episodes, though, I must admit. I liked Troi with Riker. I was glad they married them off finally though that same movie is the one that got me saying I'd never watch another TNG movie (it was the ending with what they did with Data -- nope, will never even watch it again; in fact, a couple of times since I've only watched through the reception and then poof, on to something I enjoy ... I did not enjoy the ending of that movie at all).

SWHouston

Staff member
I really didn't see much use in them leaving the proverbial "door open" to transition our "love" for Data to B4. Given the time span between making the Movies, the original Actors have/will become quite old, and possibly unable to perform. I think anything they make now, is going to be with the "new crew", and in prequel.

I think they errored in holding the original TNG crew so consistent. The example of the original CSI where Patterson replaced himself, and there have been introductions/omissions of others, lending and offering flexibility to the characters in the series and we Viewers, and that series is surviving well.

I think they errored in holding the original TNG crew so consistent. The example of the original CSI where Patterson replaced himself, and there have been introductions/omissions of others, lending and offering flexibility to the characters in the series and we Viewers, and that series is surviving well.
:huh: But if the characters don't survive, what's to care about the series surviving? :behindsofa:

Orrymain

oh do you mean William Peterson? I couldn't figure out what you meant and then it hit me that you may have accidentally used the wrong name (Patterson). CSI's best years were the Peterson ones. The Fishbourne two were pretty bad. LF just didn't fit in for some reason. I'm not a Ted Danson fan but he did give new life to the show, bringing in a bit of a different flair and a family. MASH showed characters could come and go and each time it allowed for a reinvention. That said, you do have to have continuity and I think you have to be careful who you kill off.