Best TV antenna for a vehicle

Good afternoon. I'm looking for a good antenna that'll pick up digital signals for my limo. I'm not overly concerned with reception while I'm driving although from what I read here, it sounds impossible to do anyway. I drive around all parts of Los Angeles during the week and then down to San Diego on the weekends. Let me know if there's a specific mobile antenna I should know about or something good for what I need. Thank you.

Yes616

The Mod Squad
Good afternoon. I'm looking for a good antenna that'll pick up digital signals for my limo. I'm not overly concerned with reception while I'm driving although from what I read here, it sounds impossible to do anyway. I drive around all parts of Los Angeles during the week and then down to San Diego on the weekends. Let me know if there's a specific mobile antenna I should know about or something good for what I need. Thank you.
First off :welcome:

Second, I don't think anything could work good except when at a stand still. But look here. This thing has a few good reviews.

I suggest a DVD player or a DVR where you record shows at home for playback in the car.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
First off :welcome:

Second, I don't think anything could work good except when at a stand still. But look here. This thing has a few good reviews.

I suggest a DVD player or a DVR where you record shows at home for playback in the car.
I see dipoles for VHF but no UHF loop or elements? :bolt:

To the OP, I'd recommend buying a ATSC M/H tuner when they come out in 2010 rather than trying to get reception on a ATSC tuner. Here's a thread/resource on it: http://www.dtvusaforum.com/mobile-dtv/4581-official-atsc-m-h-reference-thread.html

Piggie

Super Moderator
That antenna is also optimized for Chinese TV Frequencies, has an amp which if you drove to close to the towers would overload and kill reception. It's just more Chinese junk antenna crap. Sorry I am just sick of seeing them.

That said, O-O has the real answer, ATSC doesn't work mobile in motion. But I would first wait and see if the ATSC-M/H is adopted and installed in the OPs city first. A M/H receiver won't do much in a town that doesn't have M/H.

Piggie

Super Moderator
hard to say, but I would be more willing to bet it won't have NTSC included in the future. It's a paradox in a way since many low power stations are still using NTSC.

But it should not be hard to produce a decoder that works on plain ATSC and M/H version.