Big Screen Surcharge/Ban

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Have y'all heard about California's latest big screen TV proposition? It first came out a couple of months ago. It's ridiculous. You know, recently it's come out that our energy company wants to increase its rates. You know why? We've saved so much energy and have decreased our usage, that now they want to charge more. Excuse me? Didn't they tell us to cut back? Well, we did, and now they want to raise the rates because we did cut back? Geez! And now this!

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Have y'all heard about California's latest big screen TV proposition? It first came out a couple of months ago. It's ridiculous. You know, recently it's come out that our energy company wants to increase its rates. You know why? We've saved so much energy and have decreased our usage, that now they want to charge more. Excuse me? Didn't they tell us to cut back? Well, we did, and now they want to raise the rates because we did cut back? Geez! And now this!
See this previous DTV USA forum thread addressing the HDTV ban.
http://www.dtvusaforum.com/home-theater-news-articles/2341-california-ban-hdtvs-2011-a.html

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
So the only way to it is:

- Buy a big size one outside of California.
- Leave the electricity provider of your area and built a big solar panel on your ground for making your own electricity.

It is not the big screen that is making trouble -> it is the way the electricity is produced.

And the emission rate of a solar panel is zero.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
So the only way to it is:

- Buy a big size one outside of California.
- Leave the electricity provider of your area and built a big solar panel on your ground for making your own electricity.

It is not the big screen that is making trouble -> it is the way the electricity is produced.

And the emission rate of a solar panel is zero.
But emissions from the production of the solar panel isn't zero. ;)

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
@1inxs You are right.
Sorry- wrong written.

Not the building up of the solar panel is zero emission-
I mean the power a solar panel is producing has zero emission, because it is only sunlight.

Or solar power has no emission.