Bing.com

Thomas G

Contributor
Microsoft's new search engine Bing went live this weekend. Anyone try it yet? Seems a bit different than Google. It's definitely more colorful with an artsy background picture hot air balloons rising in a desert. It's also supposed to provide real-time pricing and availability information for flights and hotels. I'll give it a go for a few weeks. Would be nice to see some comparison searches to see how it stacks up against both Google and Yahoo.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Bing.com is sending much more traffic today than MSN Live and MSN ever did in a single day.

It'll be interesting to see if it takes a chunk out of Yahoo or some of Google's market share.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I hadn't even heard of Bing. I know the competitors are trying to get a chunk out of google, which is still #1. I never imagined that there would be such a fight over search engines. Who knew?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Today's background is a group of windmills. Don't know about you guys but I don't really care about looking at pretty pictures while searching. More concerned with the main function of a search engine, and that's for finding pictures of Jennifer Aniston. Not dirty of course! :p

Boo-Ray

DTVUSA Member
Today's background is a group of windmills. Don't know about you guys but I don't really care about looking at pretty pictures while searching. More concerned with the main function of a search engine, and that's for finding pictures of Jennifer Aniston. Not dirty of course! :p
No pretty pictures, just efficiency and good search results. The preview information on the right side of search results is a nice feature with Bing. Not completely sure how I feel about it yet.