Blu-ray Deals: 'Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol' and 'Thor'

Thomas G

Contributor
Released last month and already offered at a steep discount on Blu-ray DVD, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is available right now for $19.99 at Amazon. Thor has also recently been discounted to the same price as well.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

My favorite of the Mission Impossible movies, Ghost Protocol is a great addition for home theater geeks with its special affects and audio quality.

View attachment 1645 Of course it's an action flick, but the story line has evolved and I found my self on the edge of the seat for the whole 133 minute duration of the film. It's hard to believe that Tom Cruise just blew out the candles for his 50th birthday, but the guy can still act.

Without giving away too much of the plot for MI4, the IMF are implicated as international terrorists after the bombing of Moscow's Kremlin...Tom Cruise leads the way to proving that the agency wasn't at fault while uncovering a plot by the real terrorists to start a nuclear war.

The Blu-ray version of MI: Ghost Protocol comes with 2 discs and a digital copy. I found the extras on the second Blu-ray disc to be on the light side compared to the likes of other recent purchases of Blu-ray discs. There was some cool behind the scenes footage and shooting on location extras (Dubai was interesting to see and how the cast and crew filmed there).

Overall, I'd say the latests edition of Mission Impossible was a worthy buy, and I was more than comfortable enough with my younger children watching it.