Box is not required if you have

attagirl

DTVUSA Member
I heard the box is not required if you are a cable subscriber. Is this because you box is already Digital or the cable company is sending signals digitally. I would like to know the answer please.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
Its not a requirement if you get your local stations from your cable company, but if your going to be watching some stations from an over the air source, you will still need a converter box.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
The DTV converter box is also not needed if you have a new digital TV and are a paid subscriber to a cable company and are connected to coaxial cable but don't have the channel selection box. Of course, that means that you don't get premium channels, pay per view, or any of the adult scrambled programming, but c'est la vie.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
You also may not get the digital tv services that your cable company offers. Usually its called Digital Cable, vs. your plain basic cable service.

sanju123

DTVUSA Member
My cable guy also gave me this impression, but a friend of mine guided me and told me that there was no need for that box, it is of no use.She had a bad experience as she could have it functioning properly.

jack

DTVUSA Member
ya.in cable company some channels are digital.so you don't need the box.but if you want to receive more channels mainly other countries channels,you require box.