bridged mode: technicolor TC8717T: wifi "intereference" in the device logs - is the wifi still on? - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "bridged mode: technicolor TC8717T: wifi "intereference" in the device logs - is the wifi still on?", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I am running a Technicolor TC8717T in bridged mode, set by TWC/Spectrum. Both wifi networks are set "DISABLED." Wifi is handled by another router, an ASUS RT-AC66U. When I look in the device logs for the TC8717T I see constant reports of channels changing due to "interference" - is the wifi still on? How do I turn it off completely so that it does not interfere with the Asus wifi all the time?

Here is a sample of what I see in the Technicolor logs:

Wed Jan 23 09:38:46 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 36 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INTERFERENCE
Wed Jan 23 09:23:40 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 44 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INTERFERENCE
Wed Jan 23 00:51:47 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 36 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INTERFERENCE
Wed Jan 23 00:36:42 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 44 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INTERFERENCE

This doesn't seem right to me - it seems as if the SSID is not broadcasting, but the wifi is still transmitting/receiving 24/7. What is the correct setup?

bridged mode: technicolor TC8717T: wifi "intereference" in the device logs - is the wifi still on??