Brittany Murphy is dead

It has been reported that Brittany Murphy, who starred in Clueless, has passed away at age 32. It's another tragic death of a young star, who died too soon. Reportedly the fire department received a call from the home of her husband early this AM. Murphy was transported to Cedars Sinai and pronounced dead on arrival. Recent photos that I saw showed a gaunt Murpy. May she rest in peace!

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Wasn't she the girl who dropped a lot of weight too. That sucks though, wonder what the cause was.
She was pretty young. All they're saying right now is that her mother found her lying in the shower. She was reported to have diabetes and also have prescription drugs in the house although they didn't say what kind of prescriptions she had.

jolix

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Her autopsy report just came back with her having pneumonia and she was on some prescription meds. Poor girl, she was so young and had a lot of life ahead, it seems to be so many actors and actress are taking prescription meds and often die from them.

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
Her autopsy report just came back with her having pneumonia and she was on some prescription meds. Poor girl, she was so young and had a lot of life ahead, it seems to be so many actors and actress are taking prescription meds and often die from them.
The meds didn't kill her. It was the untreated pneumonia and anemia. The meds were a contributing factors but wasn't the primary cause. She was dead anyway if she never took the meds because she didn't get her pneumonia and anemia treated.

While I never watched a single one of her movies and didn't really know much about her in general, I was still really sad to hear that Brittany Murphy passed away at such a young age. When you consider that the average lifespan for people is longer than ever these days, it makes these young deaths that much more shocking.