Broad people

Suzanne

DTVUSA Rookie
I have a new Samsung TV that looks real sharp. I have only one complaint. When I watch it it looks like everyone is so broad. It really looks odd and awkward. The TV is a 32 incher. Is this normal?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
It's the "picture format" in your menu or on your remote. You are probably stretching a 4x3 format image to 16x9.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Silver Streak,

To manually control the aspect ratio that appears on screen, one of my remote controls uses a button titled 'WIDE' and another one has a button that says 'SIZE'.

A note to the topic name: my CBS affiliate is located on Broad Street. (I worked there).

Jim

Last edited:

Suzanne

DTVUSA Rookie
I don't see a 'wide' option on the remote itself. Would there be something in the menu that would let me change that? The picture is so good except for this and it's very distracting.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Screen, wide, size, format: If it's not on the remote, it's in the menu. It may be under "video settings", but I'm not familiar with the brands menu system.
Got your owners manual handy?

dkreichen1968

Staff member
The button on the remote may also be marked as "ZOOM". Some TV stations will broadcast some of their content either squished or squashed, so the "ZOOM" button can come in really handy. :)

Last edited: