Bundled?

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I have the internet, phone, cable bundle with Time Warner, and it's fine, except it seems like it's may be priced way too high. I was curious is there is anyone else that has the bundle and if they think it's a good value? I am not sure if it's less expensive to break them up separately and if it's worth the time.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
It depends on which cable program you get with the bundle. I know that you do save a bit on internet and phone, but you have all the premium channels and the variety service then your price will of course go up a bit. I'm saving quite a bit with my bundled package, but I only get HBO.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
Has anyone ever compared the cost of a Time Warner bundle with the cost of a Direct TV bundle or Dish service? I understand that Direct TV will bundle internet and phone service with their TV service by working with other companies, like AT & T or Verizon. I'm just wondering what the cost differential would be in service comparisons.

dreamr802

DTVUSA Member
I think in the long run you will be paying more for the bundled services...because the price seems great now but as soon as the promotional period is over the prices skyrocket! I was paying only $30 for my cable and now that the promotional period is over i'm paying $80/month with directv

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I think in the long run you will be paying more for the bundled services...because the price seems great now but as soon as the promotional period is over the prices skyrocket! I was paying only $30 for my cable and now that the promotional period is over i'm paying $80/month with directv
Yep, you are absolutely right. But I got mine at a set price when I signed up that is guaranteed not to change (except for HBO). When HBO goes back to regular price then I may take it off. But yeah, most people do not luck out like I did and end up paying much more when the promotion is over.