Buying CD's/DVD'S or downloading/streaming?

What is your preference? I am doing a survey and wondering if it was up to you, Could you live without your CD's, Disk's, Cassettes?... Don't you think it would be a better thing for the environment if we saved those materials and used it in other ways?
Downloading Videos and streaming is a new break through for all generations to come. I would like your opinion on this topic...

Buying CD's?
Buying DVD's?
Buying Cassettes?
Buying Internet Television ( T.V. )
Streaming?
Downloading?

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
I've never really thought about it in terms of ecology. But I guess you're right... I only buy games and books in physical form, I stream or download tv shows and movies, so it would be okay for me if they stopped selling dvd's etc. But I really do understand the people who love having a collection on their shelf.

SamuelB

DTVUSA Member
Might sound like an old guy but everything comes in a box for me. And I don't throw anything out. I. DO. NOT. My house doesn't look all tidy but at least I can look at all my beatiful movies.

<3

I give up on buying CD's / DVD's.

I stream all my music, and most of the video.

If there is something i really like and want to keep i buy it only in Blue Ray.

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
Now that I think about it... it would be pretty cool to have a VHS collection. They just look impressive, don't they? Almost like books on the shelf!

Cd's and DVD's should still be kept around because I still listen to cd's on my laptop. See you tube stops once you exit out to go to another site. So, say I wanted to listen to you tube and do a report for school. Once I go to the page to do my report , you tube will automatically stop working. But if I have a cd on my laptop then I can just listen to the cd and do my work at the same time. DVD's are still great because it keeps money following in for a lot of people. If all this was taking away then how would artist and producers make millions. It would kind of be cutting their throats.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Now that I think about it... it would be pretty cool to have a VHS collection. They just look impressive, don't they? Almost like books on the shelf!
Not as cool as my 8 track tapes look on the shelf next to my BetaMax tapes.