Bye Bye TV Land, Hello MeTV!

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
When the cable revolution first broke out, my city was behind the times. It took forever before we finally had a company in town. When we finally did, I rejoiced at having Nickleodeon which was still carrying some awesome TV shows like The Dick Van Dyke Show and My Three Sons. It was not long, though, before they transitioned their classic TV offerings to what was then the new TV Land.

View attachment 1967 Again, it took my city ages to get on the bandwagon and get TV Land in our system. When we finally did, though, it was still delightful. It was my kind of TV and the odds were that my TV was poised on that channel most of the day. Then TV Land switched gears. Their version of classic TV became comedies from the 90s and later, shows that I just don't care about.

Worse, all of the other classic TV channels I'd heard about, like Retro and Sleuth, have never been brought here. Then MeTV began hitting the rounds, but not here of course, at least not until this month.

MeTV is a joy. It is truly classic TV. There are shows airing that originally ran in the 1950s. For the first time in years, my TV rest spot is often on one channel -- MeTV. Route 66, Make Room for Daddy, Petticoat Junction, Perry Mason, The Fugitive, Combat, Hogan's Heroes, Lost in Space, Mission Impossible, Emergency! and so many more grace this channel's lineup. What a pleasure it is to turn on the TV again.

AntennaTV offers good television as well, but they don't go back far enough and they air a lot of movies as well. I still like them, but it's MeTV that is the current cream of the vintage TV crop. Thank goodness for sub-channels, on which MeTV is airing on one here.

G

I've only just discovered this station within the last week and I'm ecstatic. It shows many of my old favourites. Certainly revealing that Television has devolved to the point that the only quality programs being aired are from the distant past with most of the cast deceased. The rest is garbage "reality" shows and lame sitcoms with their stale double entendres and toilet humour. It's nothing but chewing gum for the mind. Years ago TV-Land changed their format to copy the surrounding desolate landscape to include their own so-called "origional" programming, such as "Steaming Pile in Cleveland" and that other crap with Fran Dresser being irritating. If that wasn't bad enough they even made their cheap immitation reality show about fixing up somebody's house...gee, that's original...where have I seen that one before? Evidently some overpaid empty-headed empty suit thought that they needed to update.

G

Agreed. Boston got MeTV starting a couple of years back, and just this past year it began broadcasting on another channel here that features its programming 24/7. The other guyz are stupid, because they let a good thing go--a target audience wanting to watch good vintage TV nostalgia, including trivia and clever advertisements about and sometimes featuring these shows and eras.

TVLand lost a good audience, and MeTV has given them just what they ordered, and has them now. You snooze, you loose! Thanks so much again, MeTV--and Boston cable for bringing them on!

G

I was wondering why you never show leave it to daddy, father knows best, the nelsons. These are such wonderful shows along with mary Tyler Moore, thriller, Alfred Hitchcock, outer limits.

G

I can't stand watching outdated crap I was forced to watch because we only had 3 channels. Now I have to put up with dead kids, dead dogs, whats with these infomercials I don't watch this channel because I can't help the dying kids or the dying dogs or someone with Mesotheiloma. I'd rather play outside than be stuck watching Me crap !!

G

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! ME-tv!!!

I feel like a kid again! I am ecstatic to get ME-TV and Antenna TV for free after buying a over the air digital antenna! These two channels are ALL I have watched since I have picked them up,.. mainly because there is nothing else on tv WORTH watching!

My only complaint is these channels are considered sub-channels and I have lost the ME-TV a couple of times. But when I do pick it up it comes through very good. I so wish they understood there is a HUGE audience out there for this type of programming. It's as if whoever is in charge of programming has COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN the older generation. They are only playing to younger audiences. This is DISCRIMINATION...pure and simple.

G

These commercials for Jim gaffigan make me not even want to watch it....their is nothing funny about him.
Come on TV land with so many old good shows why do you put people on that no one wants to watch

G

I have been watching MeTv for years. I'm devoted to me MeTv, I don't have Cable or Satellite I have to get the Channels by Antenna and I enjoy it because I don't have to pay for what I like to watch. MeTv is my primary channel it old school but one thing I would like to watch on Tv is old school Cartoons where did they go, Popeye, Bugsbunny, etc. I Love my MeTv. Never discontinue it. I wake up with it and go to sleep with it. My Granddaughter always say to me "granny I know that channel you are watching MeTv" I reply you know it. 100 Stars for MeTv.