cable length question

hey everybody, first time poster,
so where i live we are back in a bluff and do not have a possibility of line of sight for our antenna to the city (about 40 miles away) that we can get reception from.. we can get all the channels about 250ft out of our little valley.. with that length of cable will we lose too much signal to make it worth it? and is there a booster that could push that far. thanks

aerials

DTVUSA Jr. Member
low loss cable

hey everybody, first time poster,
so where i live we are back in a bluff and do not have a possibility of line of sight for our antenna to the city (about 40 miles away) that we can get reception from.. we can get all the channels about 250ft out of our little valley.. with that length of cable will we lose too much signal to make it worth it? and is there a booster that could push that far. thanks
I have done an installation similar. And i used a Winegard HD-269 pre-amp. this can handle a high input signal without overload. And RG-11 cable for the cable. The 13db gain can overcome line loss and if you use the high gain aerial of quality workmanship it should perform.

We can get all the channels about 250ft out of our little valley.. with that length of cable will we lose too much signal to make it worth it? and is there a booster that could push that far. thanks
You need a high gain preamp that won't be overloaded. Try entering the coordinates of the bluff into tvfool.com and repost the results.

The Channel Master 7777 may be a good starting point.