Cable to TV in living room, no picture. In bedroom got picture.

J

johnnyanderson1

One day I turned on DVR to record a show but got “no picture.”

This happened all of a sudden. I made no changes. All was fine previous day.

I have 2 cables coming in through the wall.

1. Living room: Cable in goes to splitter, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] o/p goes to set-top-box, got picture, no problems.

2[SUP]nd[/SUP] o/p goes to Adapter black box, o/p goes to DVR recorder then TV, no picture, that’s the problem.

Can play DVD, got picture.

1. Bedroom: Cable in goes to splitter, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] o/p goes to modem for Internet, no problems.

2[SUP]nd[/SUP] o/p goes to Adapter black box, o/p goes to VCR recorder then TV, got picture, no problems.

I did these trouble shootings:

1. Moved DVR to bedroom, got picture, can record but no graphics on screen.
  2. Moved VCR to living room, no picture.
  3. Moved bedroom adapter to living room, no picture.
  4. Moved living room adapter to bedroom, got picture.
  5. Got 2 new RG-6 cables for living room adapter i/p and o/p, no picture.
  6. Moved living room splitter to bedroom, got picture.
  7. Moved bedroom splitter to living room, no picture.
  8. Living room splitter, swapped o/p cables, set-to-box got picture, adapter no picture.

To summarize, all components (cables,splitters,adapters,recorders,tvs) work fine in the bedroom but not

in the living room. Before coming to this forum I searched the Internet. They said try RG-6 cables (I did)

and try a cable signal amplifier (did not). Someone said Comcast made changes at a substation that

could affect a certain area in the neighborhood. All ideas don’t matter because everything works

fine in the bedroom but not in the living room. This is not a bad component problem. Help!

"Cable to TV in living room, no picture. In bedroom got picture.," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding Cable to TV in living room, no picture. In bedroom got picture., and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Comcast 0
G Questions and Answers 0
G Questions and Answers 0