Cable tv on my computer?

dizzydean

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I really have two questions here.

1. How can I get cable on my computer?

2. Can I record it like a DVR without actually buying or renting a DVR?

Thanks. :)

1. Buy a TV tuner card

2. use the software which usually comes with it to record live TV via cable, Antenna, or satellite (you'll still need a satellite box and use the tv out to the computer)

That's been done for years. some video cards have composite in, or even a integrated TV Tuner. it's been awhile since i delved into the innards of a PC.

Or just use the Internet (provided you have broadband) there's tons of shows and all you have to do is pick which one. it's free, and there exists (on some sites) the ability to use a FLV downloader/converter to view it locally, like a DVR.

dizzydean

DTVUSA Jr. Member
1. Buy a TV tuner card

2. use the software which usually comes with it to record live TV via cable, Antenna, or satellite (you'll still need a satellite box and use the tv out to the computer)

That's been done for years. some video cards have composite in, or even a integrated TV Tuner. it's been awhile since i delved into the innards of a PC.

Or just use the Internet (provided you have broadband) there's tons of shows and all you have to do is pick which one. it's free, and there exists (on some sites) the ability to use a FLV downloader/converter to view it locally, like a DVR.
That's mainly what I'm looking to do with it is use it as a DVR. Do I have to use a FLV downloader/converter or can I get one that'll record TV just as a DVR would?

Well you can easily attached your cable with computer by installing TV tuner cards in your computer which support cable TV channels and FM also so lets try....