Cable TV too costly?

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Most Americans say their cable and satellite TV bills are too expensive.

In our national scientific telephone public opinion poll, we asked cable and satellite TV subscribers whether their monthly bill was bargain-priced, a reasonable amount, or too expensive.

63% said too expensive, 30% said a reasonable amount, and 5% said bargain-priced.

Poll Position’s scientific telephone survey of 957 cable/satellite subscribers nationwide was conducted November 17, 2011 and has a margin of error of ±3%. Poll results are weighted to be a representative sampling of all American adults.
Read More: Cable TV too costly? | Poll Position

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
My bill is now $100 for cable and I don't even get any movie channels. I'm thinking about cancelling again and going back to DirecTV.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
The high price is the main reason so many are seeking alternatives to cable, and having to buy an expensive package to get the one channel you DO want. Satellite is cheaper, but not by much. And there is little flexibility with pay TV- meaning your choices in packages are limited, no ala carte. I was paying DirecTV $70+ a month for a mid-price package with a few international channels when I quit. I found I could get the international channels I wanted on the internet for $12 a month (DirecTV was charging $25+) and I get what I want, ON DEMAND. And I can subscribe one month at a time.

I decided that for nearly $900 a year - if I can't get it OTA or on the internet, it's not that important.