Camden, NJ Reception Problems

Hi i'm in the 08102 area code and I'm having problems picking up WNJT. I've bought both dtvpal plus and insignia nsdxa1 converter boxes and neither of them will scan and pick up WNJT. using the same bunny ears I've used for the past 15 years.

ercjncpr

DTVUSA Member
Buy new bunny ears perhaps? Is WNJT already digital only or are they switching on June 12th. Maybe they are on a temporary UHF frequency which will switch on that date. Or running at lower power until then? There are a lot of stations across the country running on temporary channels, sometimes at reduced power.

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
Did you watch WNJT (52) or WNJS (23)? The latter is licensed to Camden but transmits from a tower near Hammonton. The former comes from Trenton.

Rabbit ears are not a great antenna for digital reception to begin with, but if they're working for you, I'm a fan of the saying "don't mess with success."

I would think WNJS-DT 23-1 should be easier to receive.

- Trip

Did you watch WNJT (52) or WNJS (23)? The latter is licensed to Camden but transmits from a tower near Hammonton. The former comes from Trenton.

Rabbit ears are not a great antenna for digital reception to begin with, but if they're working for you, I'm a fan of the saying "don't mess with success."

I would think WNJS-DT 23-1 should be easier to receive.

- Trip
I think you've found my problem. :) Before the converter we were watching WNJT. I tuned to WNJS this morning and wallah its clear as a bell. thank you.