Can anyone clarify something for me regarding reception?

99allmine

DTVUSA Rookie
How am I to know what type of antenna to choose until after the transition? Or how is anybody to know? Some stations are increasing their broadcast power on June 12, so if I'm getting some pixelation now, wouldn't it be a good idea to wait and see if our UHF/VHF works?

Piggie

Super Moderator
How am I to know what type of antenna to choose until after the transition? Or how is anybody to know? Some stations are increasing their broadcast power on June 12, so if I'm getting some pixelation now, wouldn't it be a good idea to wait and see if our UHF/VHF works?
Waiting yes and no, because every town and area of town is different. In general yes, best to wait, but it may leave you will less than answer also.

Best to go to TV Fool and put in your address. Then take the link they provide and put it here. We can then see your signal levels even if they mean nothing to you. Also your address won't show, so don't worry. Also be sure to put in the approx height of your antenna. Inside antennas are about 3 ft high, roof tops are about 15. Higher ones guess if you don't know how high yours is mounted.