Can anyone recommend me an outdoor antenna?

My indoor amplified rabbit ears are starting to act up again. I lost some channels last night.

Can anyone recommend me a good outdoor antenna? and how high would I have to mount it? I'm on the first floor.

My indoor amplified rabbit ears are starting to act up again. I lost some channels last night.

Can anyone recommend me a good outdoor antenna? and how high would I have to mount it? I'm on the first floor.

I would recommend the Antennas direct 91-xg and the wine guard ya713 stacked and join with a signal combiner. you can tilt the 91-xg 15 degrees to get past the no line of sight problem you are having. all stations are 1 edge or 2 edge no LOS. you can point to the south and get most of all the networks. or you can add a rotator and get all transmitters.

whats the line of site problem? I dont get it
the problem is there is something between you and the transmitters you do not have a direct line of sight, so you need to be able to shoot over the object ether by height or by angling the antenna that's why I recommended the 91-xg you can angle up 15 degrees and with it at 20ft or more may do the trick.:) if you had line of sight it would say LOS in the path column. but you have 1 edge and 2 edge which is a problem not to mention the topo which means it is over the horizon.

Last edited:

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
Permitted to put antenna on property?

I'm on the first floor.
First of all, are you permitted to put an antenna pole on the property? Some condominium associations and/or landowners do not want any antennas being planted on the property, for appearances - most only allow what's placed within the space of the patio.

I have a friend who is stuck with getting cable because of the condominium property restrictions.

I don't think how high I am has anything to do with it but being higher does help alot. Sadly I'm not.

I think the reason why line of sight is blocked over here is because our place is crammed in between 2 other 4 floor houses, and then there's 2 hills to the northwest of me.

The signals have to pass through walls and houses, and it doesn't go through.

If I do end up mounting an antenna, I'll have to ground it because we get some bad storms in the summer season.

Last edited: