Can I subscribe to individual channels with Comcast?

U

Unregistered

We want the Disney channel and ESPN because that's all we watch. Has anyone else been able to only buy a couple of channels from Comcast?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Not at this time, but it would be nice. Cable al la carte has been talked about for years but I've never seen one instance of it being offered by cable or satellite providers.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
The reason they don't is that the content providers (Disney, Viacom, Discovery Networks, etc.) sell their channels as bundles to the cable companies, so the cable company has to turn around a sell cable in bundles rather than a smorgasbord of channels. The only way for that to change is for enough people to drop pay-tv that eventually the content providers and pay-tv companies see money to be made through al la carte.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
The only way for that to change is for enough people to drop pay-tv that eventually the content providers and pay-tv companies see money to be made through al la carte.
With the way things are going, I wouldn't doubt that we'll see something like this in the next 5 years. It's time for cable to evolve.