Can no longer watch live TV on Android using Xfinity Streaming TV - XFinity

When this first came out, I was able to use my phone to watch live TV when I was in a room that didn't have a TV. But, for the past several weeks, everytime I try to do that, I get the message "Error:. We're sorry. The video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices..." and it goes on to mention casting and HDMI. But I'm not trying to cast or connect my phone to anything - just trying to watch on my phone!

This app worked for me when it first came out, then, one Sunday (the day I'm usually trying to do this) it didn't work, then the next week it did and then, for the past several Sundays, it's back to not working. (I've tried it on a weekday, with the same result.) I'm in my own house, and I have older (non-X1) cable boxes.

This is really annoying me... I've been a loyal Comcast customer for about 30 years (often defending and promoting Comcast to others) and I spend over $200 a month for a high-level cable TV package (plus internet and phone), so I want this to work as it should for me!

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

This question, "Can no longer watch live TV on Android using Xfinity Streaming TV," is about XFinity-Comcast TV Television Apps.

For other news regarding Can no longer watch live TV on Android using Xfinity Streaming TV, and XFinity - Comcast Television Apps, see our recommended stories below.