Cannot log into HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, CNN, TNT, SYFY now.....everything - DirecTV

I have a Uverse subscription that I have always been able to access the different TV channels web content as well as apps on my phone. Now starting a few weeks when I attempt to login with my AT&T credentials I get an error message stating I am not subscribed to the content. This has always worked just fine prior. I have talked to AT&T support tier 1 and 2 and nobody has any idea what I am talking about. I call AT&T sales and they know exactly what I am talking about but they cant fix it they say Support has to fix it. I have seen countless issues with this on the forums over the years but cannot seem to see where the fix has ever been shared. I have already tried using a sub account, changing Passwords but none of that works. Has anyone had the same issue and been able to get it resolved? I am about to cancel my service. I never had this issue with my other cable/TV providers.

This question, "Cannot log into HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, CNN, TNT, SYFY now.....everything," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.