Can't get any channels above 11.

dave73

DTVUSA Member
I was wondering if you got your UHF problem resolved Vicki. I went ahead and picked up the same RCA Pre-Amp that you bought, and noticed that it has 2 input ports. One is for VHF only, and the other is UHF only or VHF/UHF combined. So the pre-amp is set by default to Common (combined). That means that your coax cable from the antenna should be hooked to the UHF/combined port only. If you hooked it into the VHF/Separate port, then that may explain why you're not getting the 3 UHF stations. I have included a picture for everyone else to see that there are 2 input ports. I circled the port that needs to be used for VHF/UHF combo antennas. Otherwise, the switch between the 2 input ports needs to be switched to the left to use separate VHF & UHF antennas. Once the rain clears up, I'm gonna hook up my pre-amp to see if I'll get WWME-LD and possibly WOCK-CD (though I really could care less about that station). Maybe I'll even have a better chance at getting WSBT-TV from South Bend on most days, as I live on the fringe of most South Bend full power stations (would like to get WNDU (NBC), WSJV (Fox), & WNIT (PBS) from South Bend as well).

RCA_PreAmp.JPG

dave73

DTVUSA Member
I had trouble trying to circle the port & write VHF/UHF on there, as I was using my mouse for that. I used MS Paint that's included with my OS. It was unfortunate I couldn't get a clear picture with my digital camera. I thought my camcorder had still picture capability, but it doesn't. My digital camera is the Samsung S730 (great at taking most pictures, but has horrible battery life) & my camcorder is the Samsung MX20R.

Last edited:

dave73

DTVUSA Member
I'm not sure if you resolved your problem Vicki, but I got around to hooking up my own RCA pre-amp, and ithas helped in my case to get 2 low power stations in the Chicago market: WOCK-CD on RF 4 (not that I really care for this station, as the main channel & 13.3 are Spanish, and 13.2 is a simulcast of analog WOCH-CA 41, which is Korean) & WWME-LD on RF 39 (mapped to 23.2). I'm still using a crappy Philips UHF/UHF combo that I can't afford to replace. If I was forced to replace my antenna today, I probably could get the same antenna that you got, as Menards carries the RCA ANT3038X, ANT3036X, & ANT751. All three models cheaper than what Walmart wants for the the ANT3036X & I believe even the ANT3038X. They sell the ANT751 cheaper than Meijer (only in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, & Illinois, and are superstores with both general merchandise & groceries).

I only hope that once you get your antenna problem resolved, that your pre-amp works just as good as mine is. Of course I'm at a slight advantage over you, due to living so close to Chicago, but a couple of low power stations are difficult to get, despite having coverage over my area, and at least 2 more will be added to the Chicago skyline in the near future.