Can't pick up certain digital stations...

Hi. I don't have a converter box, and don't need one. My TV has an ATSC tuner in it.

So, here's my problem:

I'll plug my UHF/VHF rabbit-ear & loop antenna into my roommate's TV. He gets every single digital station available in my area, which is every major station. However, if I leave the antenna in the EXACT same location, and plug it into my TV, I do not pick up anywhere near the same amount of digital channels.

How and why would this be occurring? No matter where I put the antenna in our apartment, I do not pick up ABC's digital signal, which I'd like to have to watch LOST in digital. Depending on the location, I pick up NBC and CBS's signals (FOX's has not gone live yet). I've put the antenna outside (I have a coax extender), pointed directly to where I know the transmission towers are for my area. I've had it next to a window in another room.

Would the difference in digital tuner possibly affect which stations each TV can get?

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Would the difference in digital tuner possibly affect which stations each TV can get?
I think you nailed it. A lot of digital tv tuners seem to be poor performers compared to the ones in digital converter boxes. Get yourself a Zenith converter box and you'll probably get more channels than your roommate. We have two digital ready tv's here and the boxes pick up more channels than either tv.

I believe it was Jay that said the same thing about his Mitsubishi HD set.

S

stillbecki76@gmail.com

Heeellllppppp!!!

Hi, I have 2 plasma screen Panasonics & the mid grade digital antenna, as of now I get nbc & a few Spanish channels, I would like 2 know why after the federal government mandated that all channels b broadcast, why we don't get abc & fox @ least

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Hi, I have 2 plasma screen Panasonics & the mid grade digital antenna, as of now I get nbc & a few Spanish channels, I would like 2 know why after the federal government mandated that all channels b broadcast, why we don't get abc & fox @ least
We would need to see the URL for the "radar plot" for your location from TV Fool. Also, what antenna are you actually using, and what direction is it pointed?