Cartier Cheetah Watch TV Commercial

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Wow. So my girlfriend loves the show Desperate Housewives and we were watching tonight when (what must have seemed like) a two minute commercial came on tonight. It looked like a preview for a new movie coming out: Started out with a Cheetah that has some kind of weird encounter with a dragon, then walks through a desert to find an elephant carrying what looked like a house on its back. Then a old Wright brothers looking plane flies by, the Cheetah jumps on and hitches a ride to a city to encounter some princess looking girl. At that point (probably a minute and a half into it) they show her watch, Cartier, and she pets the Cheetah. Weird, but we were glued to the set for two minutes so I guess it got our attention.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
So I did a little more research on the Cartier commercial. First off here's the full video from YouTube:

[video=youtube;yaBNjTtCxd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yaBNjTtCxd4[/video]

• It debuted on "The Celebrity Apprentice", March 4th
  • The song (score) from the commercial is called “L’Odyssee de Cartier,” can be found on Cartier's website here: L'Odyssée de Cartier
  • Filming of the commercial took 3 months and a crew of 60 people.
  • The commercial actually features a panther, not a cheetah
  • Total run time: 3 Minutes, 30 seconds

More details about the commercial can be found on Cartier's press release: Cartier Unveils Cinematic Jewel | HollywoodNews.com

From the press release, here's the story line behind the commercial,

The film tells the story of the jeweler’s unique history, from its beginnings as a jeweler to European royalty to its modern-day worldwide luxury status. It reveals a glimpse into an imaginary world inhabited by Cartier’s designs, under the watchful gaze of its familiar muse, “La Panthere” (The Panther). The film features many of Cartier’s most enduring and iconic designs, including the “Tutti Frutti” style, jewelry of the Maharajas and a reference to the Santos watch, which was the first modern watch designed to be worn on the wrist.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Wow. So my girlfriend loves the show Desperate Housewives and we were watching tonight when (what must have seemed like) a two minute commercial came on tonight. It looked like a preview for a new movie coming out: Started out with a Cheetah that has some kind of weird encounter with a dragon, then walks through a desert to find an elephant carrying what looked like a house on its back. Then a old Wright brothers looking plane flies by, the Cheetah jumps on and hitches a ride to a city to encounter some princess looking girl. At that point (probably a minute and a half into it) they show her watch, Cartier, and she pets the Cheetah. Weird, but we were glued to the set for two minutes so I guess it got our attention.
Funny you should bring this up - after seeing the commercial a couple of times, & thinking that this is not your regular commercial, I googled a question about it & here I am.

The theme, photography & music are truly captivating! Interpretation of what is going on runs rampant in the mind; each new viewing adds more to speculate about. I've never looked up a commercial before, but this is more like a work of art...imho