CBS News reporter Lara Logan raped in Egypt

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Lara Logan, CBS Reporter and Warzone 'It Girl,' Raped Repeatedly Amid Egypt Celebration

Lara Logan, CBS Reporter and Warzone 'It Girl,' Raped Repeatedly Amid Egypt Celebration - Los Angeles News - The Informer

From the article:

"Logan was in Tahrir Square with her "60 Minutes" news team when Mubarak's announcement broke. Then, in a rush of frenzied excitement, some Egyptian protesters apparently consumated their newfound independence by sexually assaulting the blonde reporter."

Egypt Army Saves CBS News' Lara Logan after Rape and Beating by Egypt's Freedom Loving Protesters - Atlas Shrugs
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is running HOT on foreign Newscasts but it has been barely mentioned in US Newscasts.

Where the H... is Obama on this? He should have made a statement insisting the Egyptian "Government" (Army) bring the men who did this to justice.

But no comments, so far. Where is his outrage or any apparent concern? Perhaps talking about women's issues are above his pay grade.

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I DID see this on the national news last night. It was on the NBC evening news, in fact. She's one of the brighter newswomen, not one of those mindless-but-goodlooking bubble heads. (I'm looking at you, Fox News!)

There's just so much wrong with this, I'm at a loss for words.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
There is the high probability that the media is being respectful to themselves. She did do an interview recently. I agree it didn't get a lot of press here but I think that's why -- giving her privacy and respect while recovering from the event.