Cell phone wars

Has everyone noticed that cell phone prices are coming down. Verizone droped there top plan form 99.99 to 69.99. They are some carries out there offering unlimited talk for less than 50 dollars a mouth. Staright talk form wal mart is 45 dollars a mouth for everything talk text and mobile web. They use verizone towers form want I understand, to broadcoast there signals, this is a great thing for consumers.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder if the Walmart unlimited plan will be like Cricket's back in the late 90's. The problem with Cricket's phones....were that they would not recharge while you were connected with someone on the other line. The phone only recharged when disconnected. :)

Im not sure, I dont know anyone who has one yet. I would think that the techoloy is better know than it was back in the 90s. The only caught that I know is if there more than one person this plan is not for you, because it is pre pay. For me it would be great, cause I am single and dont have to have a share plan, the problem with me is IM tied to a contract right now. I may buy one and see how it goes with service and phone quailty.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Ya gotta love a good price war. There's one going on now between Pizza Hut and Papa John's. I'm enjoying that one. Okay, it's not technology, but I love a good pizza. :}

Ya gotta love a good price war. There's one going on now between Pizza Hut and Papa John's. I'm enjoying that one. Okay, it's not technology, but I love a good pizza. :}
oh yea I love pizza, prices on pizza has come down over the past years due to completoin on the market domions, papa johns and pizza hut.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Last edited:

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Where I am, pizza outfits have been struggling big time. The recession was hard on them. Flour prices rose. My Pizza Hut problem has been that their advertised specials have usually been a couple of bucks higher here. I called to check on their $10 deal, expecting them to tell me it was 12 or something, but it's not. It's a good deal because it includes any crust, too. Now at the same time, Papa John's was doing a coupon deal for $11.99 -- then it came down to $10.99, and as of two days ago -- $10 even. They tend to charge though if you make it a pan pizza. I haven't check it out because I prefer PH over PJ so am taking advantage of the PH deal right now.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Orrymain,

OK, The topic has mutated to PIZZzzzza! :hungry: (pssst-Mods ... is it time to move the latest postings here to a new spot?)

I'd love to host a pizza party with Orry and the regulars here. BYOB, BYO-DVDr's, new and ancient technology and hopefully a STOA Padelco field strength meter! LOL.

Jim