certificate of insurance for contractors making installation - DirecTV

This is a copy of the letter I sent to Michael White, CEO DirecTV, Carmen Nava, Senior VP Customer Care, and John Stankey, CEO AT & T. Perhaps someone could help:

Dear Sirs:

I am writing to you today with an account of what has happened over the past month in trying to obtain a replacement satellite receiver. Since your company promise states “Committed to the principles of honesty and integrity, our employees are determined to provide you with prompt, courteous and excellent service.” I really thought you should be made aware of the inadequate and untimely service I have received.
On December 10, 2016 I called to report that our receiver box was no longer working. I was told a new one would be shipped to my home within 2-5 business days. I also received a “statement” in the mail stating the same information.
On December 16, I called DirecTV because I had not received a shipment and was told that nothing was shipped because my order was never verified. A gentleman named Alex told me that DirecTV cannot handle the volume of calls needed to be made for order verifications and that DirecTV “dropped the ball”. He assured me that everything was taken care of during this phone call and that I would be receiving my satellite receiver in 2-5 business days.

On December 23rd I called because no box had shown up. I was then on the telephone for 2 hours and 26 minutes being transferred from person to person to finally be told that no box was ever shipped because there no longer is a standard receiver box. Fernando, a customer service supervisor, offered me a free upgrade to an HD/DVR receiver, slimline dish and installation. I was gracious and took the offer and was told installation would occur on January 8th from 12-4PM. Again, I received a confirmation “statement” in the mail.

January 8th-a contractor from DirecTV arrived with the wrong work order from DirecTV. He said the work order he had said we were getting some kind of 4K service. I am unclear as to what this even is. He said he would reschedule our appointment for January 13th. He went out to his work van and came in and told us we had to call DirecTV because the computer system would not allow him to reschedule. I called DirecTV that afternoon and spent another 2 hours on the telephone being transferred from department to department because no one could understand that the installation had to be rescheduled.

On January 12th my husband called DirecTV to request a certificate of insurance be emailed to us from the new contractor, Mastec, who would be coming the next morning. We were told he was from a third party, not DirecTV unlike the gentleman who arrived on January 8th. My husband was on the telephone with DirecTV for over an hour being transferred from department to department. Finally, he spoke with a gentleman named Eric who said an email would be sent with insurance information. No email ever arrived. Subsequently, there is no information on the DirecTV/AT & T website in regards to insurance coverage.

The morning of January 13th the tech showed up from Mastec. My husband asked if his company had insurance and the gentleman said no. My husband declined service. I called DirecTV at 4:45 that evening. I was transferred from department to department and finally at 6:56 was told that someone from the escalation department would contact me within 24 hours to reschedule and discuss insurance coverage for the contracting companies. No call ever came.

This is all a result of wanting to have a satellite receiver replaced. This has now gone on for over 45 days. This is so incredible because this should be so simple! DirecTV and At & T should be ashamed of your employees’ inability to handle orders and simple insurance questions. As I stated in the beginning of this letter, your company promise states “Committed to the principles of honesty and integrity, our employees are determined to provide you with prompt, courteous and excellent service.” This is almost laughable given our circumstances. All the while, our prices for monthly service keep increasing.

This is a formal request for someone from DirecTV to contact us in regards to our satellite replacement and DirecTV’s certificate of insurance coverage for it’s subcontractors. In addition, this is a formal request for my monthly satellite receiver fee to be waived from our December bill given the fact that we haven’t been able to watch television on the TV with the dead satellite since December 10th.

This question, "certificate of insurance for contractors making installation," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.