Changing programming and or deactivating a receiver

Yack

DTVUSA Rookie
If i rented 2 STB receivers, and after a few months, decide that I only need one, can I return the extra receiver with paying anything extra a month or is there a cancellation fee?

I also wanted to know if I could negotiate a different cheaper plan with them, I've just recently taken a big pay cut at work.

I still have a year left with my commitment.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Yack,
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. I believe your stuck with the extra receiver until the end of your current contract. You can usually downsize to the basic package and finish out the contract.
If i rented 2 STB receivers, and after a few months, decide that I only need one, can I return the extra receiver with paying anything extra a month or is there a cancellation fee?

I also wanted to know if I could negotiate a different cheaper plan with them, I've just recently taken a big pay cut at work.

I still have a year left with my commitment.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
It depends on whether the box is actually part of the package, or is a separate line item. Generally, depending on the service provider and the package, packages include a specific number of boxes (either 1 STB, or 1 STB + 1 or 2 DTAs). When boxes are included in the package price, returning the box obviously wouldn't have any impact on how much you pay. However, when they're add-ons, generally you can return extra boxes (they typically won't pick them up) and that'll reduce your monthly fee. However, do be aware that you will be subject to a service change fee. Here it is $2.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Comcast 0
A Comcast 0
D Comcast 0