Channel Master 7777 preamplifier

Denny D

DTVUSA Jr. Member
The new Channel Master 7777 preamplifiers are in and there are some major changes. The 7777 now has only a single VHF/UHF input. No longer is there separate VHF and UHF inputs. The gain is now 30 dB for both VHF and UHF and the signal input capacity is slightly lower. Don't know why Channel Master did this but it's done.

Denny
Denny's Antenna Service

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
The new Channel Master 7777 preamplifiers are in and there are some major changes. The 7777 now has only a single VHF/UHF input. No longer is there separate VHF and UHF inputs. The gain is now 30 dB for both VHF and UHF and the signal input capacity is slightly lower. Don't know why Channel Master did this but it's done.

Denny
Denny's Antenna Service
Yes, I was considering a 7777 but after removing the separate inputs, it no longer meets my needs.

Dear Channel Master:
The CM 7777 was one of the best pre-amps around, with a sterling reputation. Why mess with success? As they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I'm sure you saved a few dollars in your re-design, but you've lost a customer. And as an installer, I won't be using or recommending the new CM-7777. Sorry.

nbound-au

The Graveyard Shift
Just diplex the signals before the first input. The equal 30dB gain is a bit strange though as after cable losses you will find it harder to balance VHF/UHF signal levels

G

Channel Master 7777

I just purchased the channel master 7777 preamplifier and it is the best for my application.
I am picking up stations 80 miles away and before the amp I could not even pick them up at all or with fading with only 10% to 0 signal now 80 to 100 % on the distance signals. I now scan for channels and I am getting 80 stations.
My antenna is a dual helical wound loope at 30 foot high. All this gain is good for my location and I have changed all my cable out to R G 6 with quad shielding less loss and noise. I also run 2 HD tv sets and even with the splitter it is the same signal on both hd tvs.I have tried a different amp and took it back due to low gain not working for me.

This amp works.. Dan Sorenson